Saturday, November 3, 2012

Robin van Roosmalen talks Glory Final 8



Robin van Roosmalen will be fighting Tim Thomas at Glory 3 today as part of the Final 8. The one night tournament will feature some of the best fighters from around the world in addition to van Roosmalen and Thomas. They include Giorgio Petrosyan, Ky Hollenbeck, Sanny Dahlbeck and Yoshihiro Sato. The winner will take home $300,000 and the Glory tournament title. Robin was kind enough to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority.

MTA:
You have been matched up with Tim Thomas in the first round, how familiar are you with Tim?

Robin:
I didn’t know Tim before the last 16 . The first time I saw him fight was against Dennis Schneidmiller he’s a good fighter .

MTA:
Where do you feel you will hold the advantage in the fight?

Robin:
I think I’m more explosive and have more power.

MTA:
This tournament is stacked from top to bottom. Does your training change because you have to win multiple fights in one night rather than just one?

Robin:
No my training is the same as always I train as hard as I can every training 100%.

MTA:
You are known to not back down in your fights and willing to trade blow for blow, what is going through your mind as you are fighting and exchanging with your opponent?

Robin:
I really enjoy a war. It gives me a kick, a good feeling. I just like to fight and see who has the biggest heart.

MTA:
You have been very active this year, are you ever worried that your body might need a break as the year ends and do you worry about the one night format affecting that?

Robin:
No not at all. After every fight I take a week rest. And in the training camp if I’m a day tired I just rest. So I rest enough.

MTA:
Can we get a prediction for your fight with Tim?

Robin:
You can expect a real war from my side.

MTA:
As a fighter you have to be confident you will win, so if you could face anyone in the tournament finals who would you like to face?

Robin:
That doesn’t matter, the one who deserves it to come in the final I like to face. I want to fight everybody doesn’t matter who I just want to win the tournament.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment