Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Simon Marcus talks about controversial fight with Chidi Njokuani and post fight altercation


The 34 fight win streak of Simon Marcus came to an end a little over a week ago; however, it didn’t happen because he was beat. His bout with Chidi Njokuani at Push Kick Promotions World Stand Off 5” ended in a controversial draw, a fight many thought Marcus should have won and that the point deduction he suffered in the bout from the referee was a bad call.

After the some heated words in the in ring post fight interview in which Marcus called the decision “bull sh-t” and Njokuani a “b-tch”, Marcus had a heated confrontation with Chidi Njokuani’s brother and UFC fighter Anthony Njokuani.

Simon took some time to talk about the altercation that occurred after the bout and give his thoughts on the situation now that some time has passed.

MTA: Simon let’s get right to it. You had a heated post fight interview and then you headed back to get your medical checkup and all of sudden it seemed like there was going to another fight backstage with Chidi's brother Anthony. What happened with that?

Simon: While I was walking back to my change room Chidi's brother Anthony was coming from the opposite direction and as he was approaching me he asked ''why I called his brother a bitch'' in an aggressive tone off course. I replied ''because he is a bitch'' feeling as though he was challenging me. By this time we were face to face and my first instinct when someone get's in my face (implying they want to fight you) is to strike first and hard, But because I did not want to get in any problems with law enforcement in the fight capitol I chose to grab Anthony and slam him to the wall. That way he couldn't strike either. Then Chidi and his whole entourage rushed over and there was some pushing back and forth no blows thrown. Then I was put in a choke from behind someone claiming to try and break it up. After that we basically parted and I was pretty heated and expressing it as I walked away.

MTA: When you made it back to the locker room you were very upset at this point what was going through your head?

Simon: I was just mad about the outcome of the fight and the altercation afterward just added fuel to the fire. People think that I did not keep my cool and that was unprofessional but that was me keeping my cool.

MTA: Do you regret saying what you did in the post fight interview?

Simon: Nope.

MTA: If you could say anything to Chidi and Anthony now what would it be?

Simon: I would say I challenge them both to a fight in one night. Otherwise they aren’t on my power level. I say nothing more.

MTA: Were you surprised when the referee deducted the point from you? It seemed like after that it turned into more of a brawl and you weren't only looking to work in the clinch. Did you feel you had to knock him out after that happened?

Simon: Yes I was surprised when the ref took a point from me. I thought it was so clear that Chidi was faking it the way he yelled out. Also I couldn't believe he didn't count Chidi for turning away so many times. After the point deduction I did feel I had to knock out or knock down Chidi to win the fight. Also I didn’t want the ref to take another point off because his acting.

MTA: Any words for your supporters and fans?

Simon: I just want to thank everyone who has supported me and sent positive vibes my way. And to everyone who keeps it real.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment