Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Jorina Baars talks upcoming title defense at Lion Fight 18 against Anke Van Gestel


Lion Fight Women’s Welterweight Champion Jorina Baars is set to defend her title against Anke Van Gestel at Lion Fight 18. Here first title defense will have all eyes on her. She defeated Cris Cyborg to win the title and the victory put the world on notice of what kind of damage a world class striker can do against a top MMA striker.

Jorina was kind enough to take some time from her busy schedule to answer a few questions about her upcoming title defense.

MTA: You have a big fight coming up against Anke Van Gestel at Lion Fight 18. How familiar are you with Anke?

Jorina: I know her fight style it’s very similar to mine. She is a technical fighter but I think I'm the hardest of the two.

MTA: This will be your first attempt at defending your Lion Fight title, any pressure after securing your title with a huge win over Cyborg Santos?

Jorina: No for me every fight is a fight between my opponent and me! If I get a title belt after the fight or just a winner’s cup to me it is still just the opponent who is in my way for the win.

MTA: When you defeated Cyborg the general consensus by MMA fans who weren't familiar with Muay Thai was that she was the best female striker. Obviously you proved that to not be the case. How big was that win for you?

Jorina: Yes it was a big win. Cris is one of the most dangerous women on earth. Her fights are always aggressive and with a lot of power. I like to see her fighting style.

MTA: Do you change your game plan from fight to fight depending on your opponent or do you typically just focus on yourself and what you will bring rather than your opponent?

Jorina: I just focus on my style. Off course I'm looking for some video on the Internet but every fight is different so I fight my own style.

MTA: How do you like fighting in Las Vegas, and as soon as the fight is over what is your victory meal of choice?

Jorina: I love to fight in Vegas!!!! I feel like a superstar when I'm there! Hihi Hihi my victory meal I think a big burger with cheese!!!

MTA: Not looking past Anke, but if you could fight anyone after this fight who would you want to fight and why?

Jorina: I fight everyone I don't choose opponents. So I hope Lion Fight keeps finding good strong opponent for me as always.

MTA: Can we get a prediction for your fight with Anke?

Jorina: I think a technical fight with a lot of nice Muay Thai skills and I will try to give the fans a KO as surprise ;)

MTA: Thanks for the time Jorina, any word for your fans and supporters?

Jorina: Thank you! Without fans I'm nobody! So thanks for the support and come to see and meet me in Vegas !!!!!
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment