Monday, October 12, 2015

Amateur Fighter Spotlight: Ahmad Ibrahim



The Muay Thai and Kickboxing world is filled with amateur fighters. Most of the amateurs won't turn into a professional fighter for one reason or another, while some will go on to make excellent pro athletes. If they go into the pro ranks or not one fact remains, they play a significant role in shaping the future of Muay Thai and Kickboxing. This week's Amateur Spotlight segment features Ahmad Ibrahim.

Ahmad Ibrahim fights out of Philadelphia, PA where he trains at Ramie Elite under the guidance of his uncle Rami Ibrahim. He is one of the most active young fighters from the United States. At 19 years of age he is on the brink of turning pro and leaving his mark on the sport. 

In our interview Ahmad talks about his future goals and how it is training under his uncle.

MTA: When and why did you start training Muay Thai? 

Ahmad: I started training Muay Thai in 2011 and I started in Tae Kwon Do and wanted to try Muay Thai because I grew up watching fights.

MTA: What gym do you represent and what is your record? 

Ahmad: I represent Rami Elite out of Philadelphia, PA my record is 19-6.

MTA: What is your best memory since you started competing in Muay Thai?

Ahmad: My best memory competing in Muay Thai was when I was fighting in the TBA Classic Tournament and I was losing a fight so Rami told me before the last round that he hurt my grandmom so I went out and stopped him in that round.

MTA: You are one of the most active young fighters. How do you fit into your schooling etc?

Ahmad: It's not to hard to manage school and training. If you know you have school work just risk some of that sleep and do what you have to do. To be special you have to do special things.

MTA: You train under your uncle Rami, does it make things easier or harder working with a family member?

Ahmad: Training under my uncle is really helpful. We have a connection no one else can have. It's family he is always there for me and if he ever needs me I will be there for him.

MTA: Who are some of your favorite fighters?

Ahmad: My favorite fighter is Giorgio Petrosyan.

MTA: What are your future goals on the sport?

Ahmad: My goal is to become a WBC champion and a Glory world champion.

MTA: Do you prefer fighting full rules Muay Thai or Kickboxing rules?

Ahmad: I prefer fighting full rules Muay Thai.

MTA: How soon before you plan on going pro?

Ahmad: I was scheduled to turn pro October 10th but unfortunately the show was canceled so we are looking for another fight.

MTA: What are you short term goals in the sport?

Ahmad: My short term goals is to build a good pro record and fight on TV.

Photo by Bauzen
MTA: You have fought full grown men when you were just a teenager, how is it stepping in the ring with an adult?

Ahmad: To me it's no different then sparring the biggest guy in my gym. I'm used to being hit by grown men.

MTA: Any words for your supporters?

Ahmad: I would like to thank everyone who supported me and is continuing to support me in my journey to achieve my dreams! I would like to also thank my family for being there and my team Rami Elite for pushing me to be the best I can be. Also thank you to my uncle and trainer Rami Ibrahim for guiding me in this world. The sky isn't the limit for us!
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment