Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rami Ibrahim talks upcoming fight with Mark DeLuca at The Warriors Cup XII


Rami Ibrahim took some time from his busy schedule to talk to Muay Thai Authority about his upcoming fight with Mark DeLuca. Ibrahim vs. DeLuca will serve as the co-main event for The Warriors Cup XII, the first full rules Muay Thai event to take place in New Jersey.

MTA: You have an upcoming fight with Mark DeLuca at The Warriors Cup XII. It is the first full rules event in New Jersey, how do you feel about being part of the event?

Rami: I feel such a great honor being a part of such a huge event like this.

MTA: What do you think of Mark DeLuca as an opponent?

Rami: Mark is a great fighter who brings a great Thai style into the ring.

MTA: Do you think he might present any problems with any particular part of his style?

Rami: Any fighter is a threat to their opponent. He's a well rounded fighter, so any part of his style can be a problem. Thus, I don't sleep on anybody.

MTA: Where do you feel you will have your biggest advantage in this fight?

Rami: As everyone knows, I did boxing, Muay Thai and other martial arts because it was hard to get Muay Thai fights. But in the past few years, I've been getting a lot more Muay Thai fights and my Muay Thai has got much better. With that said, I consider my self as a well rounded fighter.

MTA: You were recently set to fight Thanit Whattanaya at Battle at the Beacon but he had to pull out due to an injury, did you take a break from your training camp at all or just continue straight through into the training camp for DeLuca?

Rami: I did take a break, especially since I had a few fighters fighting on "Battle at the Beacon" to give them more attention in their preparation. Afterwards, I went right back intro training because I know it's not going to be an easy fight.

MTA: You train quite a few fighters, does that make it difficult when preparing for your own fights?

Rami: Being a gym owner, trainer and professional fighter are all different jobs. So it is difficult to prepare for my fights, especially since I'm the only trainer at my gym. But it's my job as a trainer to be there for them, so I will never be selfish. I try to do my best as a fighter and trainer.

MTA: What is your prediction for your fight with Mark?

Rami: Only God can predict what's going to happen. But I'm going to give you my word that just like this is going to be a memorable event, God willing, my fight will be one to remember as well.

MTA: Do you have any other fights in the works after July 23rd?

Rami: Yes, I do have other fights scheduled after the July 23. The first one scheduled for me to fight on is at the next Take On event in September.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment