Friday, January 27, 2012

Jemyma Betrian talks about her plans for 2012


Muay Thai Authority recently caught up with Jemyma Betrian to talk about the end of her 2011 campaign and what the future holds for her. Jemyma recently turned 21, but she has already begun to leave her mark and has her eyes set on boxing as well in addition to being a role model to others.

MTA: You recently ended 2011 with a win over Lorena Klijn at Klaar Om Te Bossen 3. What are your current plans for 2012?

Jemyma: In the year 2012 I want to win a world championship. It would be great to gain a new world-title. And it’s on the agenda to start with professional boxing. The US is definitely on my list of 2012.

MTA: You are only 21 and you have already accomplished a lot in Muay Thai. As you look at the future of your career what are you goals?

Jemyma: My main goal is to be a role model for young people. I'm always doing my best to inspire others. And besides that I want to develop my career in other countries. It would be great to upgrade my skills in the US.

MTA: Is there anyone in particular you would like to fight and why?

Jemyma: Yes, a rematch against Karla Benitez would be more than welcome. In a tournament at Bangkok I lost my match against her and because of that I didn't win the tournament.

MTA: When did you begin training in Muay Thai and why?

Jemyma: I've started in 2005. That year I was 14 years old en that's now six and a half years ago. My dad asked me to follow a Thai book’s training nearby home. It all started as a hobby, but my lord Jesus Christ blessed me with a career. I never expected to be where I am right now. It all went very fast.

MTA: At what point did you realize you were very talented and it could be a career?

Jemyma: At the tournament in Thailand in the year 2007. I was sixteen years old. I was fighting on a junior level in Holland and for the tournament in Thailand I was able to fight on a senior level. I made it to the finals and became second of the world. This was an eye opener. I was ready for more challenges. The "golden girl" was born.

MTA: You mentioned you plan on boxing. Do you think a full time boxing career might be in the future for you?

Jemyma: Yes, my goal is a full time boxing career. With this career I hope for an international breakthrough. It's going to be hard work, but I just need to apply at a good gym in the states.

MTA: Is there a date set for a boxing match or an opponent?

Jemyma: There are a lot of girls in the boxing industry that are in my weight category. As soon as I have a date, I will let the media know.

MTA: Being so busy and as you said trying to be a role model at such a young age. Does it make it difficult to just go out and have fun knowing you always have to be setting the proper example?

Jemyma: Boxing is a way of life. I'm very focused with training on a daily basis. Preparation for a match means a lot of extra training and diets. So I don't have time for parties. When I'm on vacation I go out and have fun, but I never drink alcohol and do things that can have a bad influence on my career. I know that children see me as a role model. So a good example is necessary.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment