Thursday, January 24, 2013

Damien Earley talks upcoming fight with Josh Shepard at Lion Fight 8


Lion Fight 8 (@LFPLasVegas) is set to be a huge event with the promotions debut on AXS TV as well as the American debut at of Muay Thai legend Yodsanklai Fairtex. Also on the card will be a fight between Damien Earley (@Earley_Damien) and Josh Shepard, two of America’s young guns. Damien will be fighting in his second pro bout, first with full rules. Damien was kind enough to take some time from his training to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority about his upcoming fight.

MTA: Big fight coming up against Josh Shepard how has training for the fight been going?

Damien: Training has been going great I've been feeling real healthy even with this cold weather going on plus no injuries so it has been going just fine.

MTA: Where do you feel will hold an advantage in the fight?

Damien: I believe I’ll have the advantage in all the different aspects of the fight because I have the reach, flexibility, and the technical abilities in and out of the clinch.

MTA: You haven't fought since your pro debut in September. Is six months too long of a layoff for your liking?

Damien: Yes I would of love to have another fight between then but that is part of the game I just had to keep motivated and stay training no matter what!

MTA: You are going to be fighting in Josh Shepard's back yard; does that excite you or add any additional pressure?

Damien: Yes there is always a little added pressure when you fight in somebody’s home town but I am confident in myself and my abilities as a fighter to handle any added amount of pressure!

MTA: Can we get a prediction for the fight?

Damien: The fight will prob a hard grueling in side match because I know Josh Shepard is a powerful guy dropping down from 160 as an amateur to fight me at 156 pro so I’ll make sure to wear and tear on him and maybe get a stoppage by a cut or a knee.

MTA: For fans that haven't seen you fight before what can they expect from you come fight time?

Damien: For the fans that haven't seen fight before they will be entertained no matter what side they are on because I always come to fight win or lose it will be a war.

MTA: Any words for your supporters?

Damien: I would like to thank all the people just coming to support muay Thai in America because if it wasn't for fans like them I would not be able to do what I love for a living!
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment