Monday, March 11, 2013

Tyrone Spong talks upcoming fight with Remy Bonjasky at Glory 5


Tyrone Spong will be returning to the Kickboxing ring after making his MMA debut in 2012. Spong will be fighting Kickboxing legend Remy Bonjasky at Glory 5 in London. Muay Thai Authority caught up with Spong to discuss the upcoming bout with Bonjasky as well as his future plans for his career.

MTA: Tyrone you are coming back to Kickboxing after making your MMA debut, how excited are you to be fighting a legend like Remy Bonjasky?

Tyrone: I'm very excited. This fight is a challenge for me and I want to stay active in both sports, so the opportunity to fight Remy is perfect for me right now.

MTA: When you started in Kickboxing was Remy someone you looked up to, and who were the fighters who drew your interest as a young Kickboxer?

Tyrone: I watched his fights along with other recognizable fighters in kickboxing when I was young. I know Remy and always respected him for his talents.

MTA: How has training for this fight gone?

Tyrone: It's going very well. I have really strong training partners and coaches. I'm ready at any second to fight and I like the feeling of being in training.

MTA: Can we get a prediction on the outcome of your fight with Remy?

Tyrone: Of course I believe I'll win the fight and I'd like to do it by knockout in the early rounds.

MTA: Which is more difficult to rain for, an MMA fight or for a Kickboxing bout?

Tyrone: Training is training. You get out of it what you put into it, so for me, training is very hard for both sports. I make the most of my time in the gym and I never give less than 100%.

MTA: Do you plan on competing in both MMA and Kickboxing or will you only focus on one eventually?

Tyrone: For right now, I will continue to compete in both sports. I'm also training with one of the best boxing trainers in the world, so I have thoughts of testing my skills in boxing as well. I'd love to be the first fighter to succeed in all three sports.

MTA: You are known for your vicious knock out power, are you coming into this fight with the intention of knocking Remy out, or is victory the only thing on your mind and if it is by knockout that is just a bonus?

Tyrone: Anytime you get a knockout it's a bonus of course. I am always ready to go for the kill, so I expect to end the fight rather than letting it go to the judges.

MTA: Any words for your supporters?

Tyrone: Thank you for all the love. When I make a statement on March 23 I know you'll be watching. This is not one you want to miss.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment