Friday, June 21, 2013

Brian Collette talks upcoming Glory 9 light heavyweight tournament


Brian Collette is set to compete in the light heavyweight tournament at Glory 9 this Saturday in New York. The heavy hitter from Virginia will look to blast his way through a tournament that includes names like Tyrone Spong, Danyo Ilunga, Filip Verlinden, and more. Despite not having nearly as much experience as some of the other tournament competitors Collette will look to pull off one of the greatest Cinderella stories in Kickboxing history. Collette took some time to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority about the upcoming Glory 9 tournament.

MTA: Brian you are set to compete in the Glory light heavyweight tournament in New York. What goes through your mind when you see you will be competing against the likes of Tyrone Spong, Danyo Ilunga, Filip Verlinden and several other top notch Kickboxers?

Brian: I see this as an opportunity to showcase my skill, and establish a spot as one of the top light heavy weight fighters of the new generation, I believe this will sharpen my game and help me to grow in the future.

MTA: Going into this tournament you are coming off your first career loss, how was it having to deal with losing for the first time, what was going through your mind when it happened?

Brian: I take my first lost as a humbling experience, all champions fall but getting back up is what makes a champion, no matter how corny it sounds. I found some mistakes in my game last fight that I have now corrected

MTA: Dustin Jacoby who defeated you is in this tournament, how much would you like to have a chance to avenge your lone loss?

Brian: Jacoby is a strong fighter, and I didn’t come out with the respect or seriousness that I should of last fight, at the last tournament. I got a little cocky, which was my fault on my behalf, but I'm very anxious to avenge my loss, and demonstrate the improvement in my fight game.

MTA: You last competed at the Road to Glory light heavyweight tournament. Do you think you picked up anything from that tournament as far as strategy that you can use in this upcoming tournament?

Brian: Road to Glory tournament was a great experience, but my trainers and I already have a game plan nothing really special but just a more detailed approach to this tournament

MTA: Coming into a big show like Glory 9, and knowing you will be under the spotlight because of the fighters that are in this tournament, do you feel additional pressure than an average fight?

Brian: I believe performing under high pressure is what truly separates the boys from the men, I got all the feelings of anxiety and being nervous out of my system in my younger days of fighting, now I realize theses are the moments you shine when the opportunity presents itself, so I'm not really affected at all.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment