Thursday, July 23, 2015

Adam Rothweiler talks upcoming fight with Mehid Mahaleh at WCK Muay Thai: Cali 9



Adam Rothweiler will be fighting Mehid Mahaleh at this weekend's WCK Muay Thai: Cali 9 event. Rothweiler is an exciting fighter that loves to press the action and let the leather fly. He has yet to taste defeat in the Muay Thai ring since transitioning over from MMA. 

We were able to catch up to Adam and talk about the upcoming fight as well as his career up this point.

MTA: Adam you are fighting Mehid Mahaleh at Cali 9. How familiar are you with your opponent?

Adam: I'm not familiar with my opponent at all. We were not able to get any video of him. We only know his record as a Kickboxer. 

MTA: As a fighter how important is research of your opponents, does it play a big role in your preparation?

Picture by Photo Joto
Adam: It's sometimes nice to do some research on my opponents so I have some kind of idea of their style but I'm not really worried about what he does, I just get in the ring and fight.

MTA: You have yet to taste defeat in the Muay Thai ring, does the pressure to stay undefeated mount with each fight?

Adam: I don't feel any pressure to stay undefeated. I just don't let being undefeated get to my head. I always go into a fight feeling like I'm the underdog so I don't put any pressure on myself. 

MTA: You started your fight career in MMA. What prompted the move to Muay Thai, typically it is the other way around?

Adam: Yes, I started my career in MMA and in a lot of ways it helped me improve my stand up because I had to learn different styles to help me compete at a higher level. When I started fighting, I always wanted to fight Muay Thai. I just never got the opportunity until I met and started talking with Dennis Warner, promoter and owner of WCK Full Rules Muay Thai. He gave me the opportunity to fight in his promotion and I never looked back.

MTA: As a fighter what brings on the most amount of pressure, and what do you do to deal with it?

Adam: As a fighter I don't feel much pressure. I just try to keep a clear head and focus on the task at hand. 

MTA: You have an exciting fight style that fans love. Who is your trainer and can you tell us a little about him?

Adam: David Salinas is my boxing coach. He's put a lot of time in with me and is a great coach. He always pushes me and constantly helps me to improve my stand up. I just feel really comfortable with working with him and I feel that's an important relationship that a fighter should have with a coach. 

MTA: As we know you started in MMA, but what prompted you to start training to be a fighter?

Kenny Finister
Adam: That would have to be Kenny Finister. He's been my long time Muay Thai coach and has also put a lot of time in with me to help me improve my techniques with my elbows, knees, and kicks. 

Tony Martindale is my strength and conditioning coach and manager. He always makes sure I'm ready to fight and peak at the right time for my fights during fight camp. 

If it weren't for my coaches I wouldn't be who I am as a fighter today.

Honestly, I never really saw myself as a fighter or ever thought about being a professional fighter. I joined Adrenaline gym just to work out and get in shape. Then a couple of months later I was asked to fight. I never looked back and now I'm here today as a professional fighter. 

MTA: Outside of the ring what are your hobbies?

Adam: Outside the ring I like to go fishing and ride motorcycles. I just like to relax and spend time with my family, especially my son Dylan. Anything to get my mind off of the everyday grind of training camp.

MTA: Not looking past your current opponent, but if you could fight anyone your next fight who would it be?

Adam: I never look past an opponent. I don't care who I fight I just want to stay busy and fight as much as I can.

MTA: Any words for your supporters?

Adam: I want to thank KAR construction, Adrenaline gym and all my fans. They're the ones that keep me going! I really appreciate all the support they have given me.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment