Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ognjen Topic talks about his upcoming fight with Mohammed Lemjerdine


Ognjen Topic will be fighting Mohammed Lemjerdine at Friday Night Fights September 23rd event in New York. Topic took some time to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority about his upcoming fight.

MTA: You are fighting Mohammed Lemjerdine on September 23rd. How much do you know about him as a fighter?

Ognjen: Mohammed and I fought while we were amateur about a year ago so I know a lot about Mohammed and his style of fighting. He beat me on points so I am looking for revenge.

MTA: You are a very hot prospect in Muay Thai, when it comes to training for each of your fights how do you try and grow from your previous fight?

Ognjen: I am a perfectionist and a fanatic of the sport and I dedicate my self fully to Muay Thai so every fight I figure something new out or end up fixing mistakes that were over looked previously. My trainers Kru Joe, Kru Ray and Coach John also have a great sense for detail so we are always evolving.

MTA: Where do you feel your strengths are in any of your fights?

Ognjen: I think I am a complete fighter, when I fight full rules you can expect to see me use all of the eight limbs so generally I believe that all of my techniques are strong.

MTA: Can we get a prediction for this bout?

Ognjen: At the end of the fight my hand will be raised.

MTA: You just fought a historic bout with Tony Manoharan in New Jersey, it was the first full rules fight in the state, how did that feel being a part of history?

Ognjen: It was great knowing that Tony and I were the first ones in history to be able to throw elbows and knees to the head in New Jersey.

MTA: Now unfortunately no elbows to the head in this fight because of New York's laws, does not being able to use a weapon you have shown to be highly skilled with affect your preparation in any way?

Ognjen: It doesn't affect my preparation since I still use them during training, hopefully I'll be able to turn them off during the fight.

MTA: Not to jump the gun, but do you already have any other fights planned after this fight?

Ognjen: No opponents are set yet but I will most likely fight again in December.

MTA: Is there anyone out there right now that you would like to possibly face in your next fight or in the future?

Ognjen: I would like to fight Thais. To me, Thais are the best at this sport and fighting them will only improve my skills as a fighter.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment