Monday, November 28, 2011

The Challenger Muaythai blog - Mostafa Abdollahi part 2


by Mostafa Abdollahi
After my first fight and my victory by KO against Jay Woodham from the UK, I had a bad injury and my rib was cracked from his knee. I was in pain, even that night I couldn't sleep. After one day rest and recovery, I started very light training again. In the 3rd quarter final match when Jordan Watson faced off against Cedric Muller, Marco Pique and I were the only to fighters remaining to fight in the quarter final.

The blue team trainers and I focused all that week on training to beat Marco's fight style. We tried more to fight Thai style and attack with hard kicks because I knew Marco being based in Nederland’s has a Dutch style which is more K-1 with punch and kick combinations. I was planning to be opposite from his techniques. Also I knew that Marco had a very bad injury in his previous fight against Frankie.

THE FIGHT
From the start I tried to control the game and use my leg kicks and make him hurt. I knew if I wanted to achieve my goal and go to the semi-finals, I needed to win this fight. I really tried to catch the judge’s eyes with my kicks and knees. Marco was in pain and I could tell, but he was trying so hard to win this match. In between my corner men always made me relax during the fight. I used more hands and left
body kicks. After round 4 when I was back in blue corner they said I needed to be more calm and play the game now because I had scored enough points to win and to be careful to injure myself anymore for my next match. Marco was trying to knock me down in round 5 because he knew he was behind and needed to come forward more. In end of round 5 the winner was me. I was really happy, because I won this match for my father and he will be proud of me.

AFTERMATH
I felt very good after this victory, I won against one of the best fighters from Europe and that made me very happy, also I was through to semi-final. I was a bit sad for Marco, because he had to go home after this fight. Marco got along very well with all the fighters and he's such a nice person with a big heart. It's not easy at all to fight with that shin injury for 5 rounds. He showed he's a great and brave fighter.

One of the best memories I had about this fight was to be a member of the blue team and having support from Billy Orr, Ajarn Nong, Mardsue Tum and Jordan Watson who I will fight next in semi final. I never ever will forget that night.

The blue team won 3 out of 4 quarter final fights because we really were a team. Even though Jordan knew he will fight with me next he was still supporting and helping his team mate.

Honestly it was an honor to fight against Marco. When I was younger I watched his fights and I really liked his fight style. Marco is such a nice person and has a great personality. I learned a lot from Marco during The Challenger Muaythai show.

Thanks heaps to my all sponsors; Fight Life, Bio-Nutrics, Rhino Mouthguard , FBT, MTG muaythai Gear and Lamai Muaythai camp.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment