Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Cyrus Washington talks upcoming fight with Nieky Holzken in Suriname


Cyrus Washington will be fighting highly touted Dutch fighter Nieky Holzken on December 23rd in Suriname at Klaaromte Bossen. Washington recently won a World Muaythai Federation title and was a participant on the reality TV show “The Challenger Muaythai”. He took some time from his training schedule to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority about his upcoming fight against Holzken in Suriname as well as his plans for next year.

MTA: You recently won a World Muaythai Federation title, how you feeling after that win?

Cyrus: I feel good about the winning the World Muaythai Federation Title. I only allow the outcome of fights to linger for that day win or lose as I am a Muaythai fighter and must focus upon what’s next. Learn the lessons in wins and losses. Then knuckle up for the next.

MTA: You have a big fight coming up on the 23rd of December against Nieky Holzken. How familiar are you with Nieky and do you think there are any advantages you might have going into the fight?

Cyrus: I have seen Nieky fight several times he is a very good fighter and respected. I am not sure if either of us has the advantage but we shall see who is the better man that night.

MTA: Nieky has looked really good as of late, how much do pay attention to the recent performances of your opponents, do you study any video on them?

Cyrus: I don't really study video but I do watch fights and look for things that work for them and against them or whoever I may be fighting. For this reason of being at the world class level everyone is good at everything so you must train hard and smart and be prepared for and to do everything.

MTA:
You fight pretty often, do you run through normal training camps for your fights or is it simply about staying in shape all year long?

Cyrus:
I do fight often and I stay busy with my Team Dynamite or with my bro Roger Huerta when not fighting or when I have fights coming up. I train for every fight and I train hard. Maybe harder then I need to with so much experience but I love to train hard. I am always training or working out to get stronger in some aspect of my being.

MTA: It's been another busy year for you. You fought in the U.S., over seas and you were part of The Challenger Muaythai. What are the plans for 2012? Rumors are you are re-matching Stephen Richards in February.

Cyrus: 2012-WINNING THAT WBC BELT IN FEBUARY AS FAR 2012 THAT’S ALL ON MY MIND. I mean of course I have other things coming up (fights) and business ventures if I should say I'm looking into. That belt's the thing as far as my fight career cause the world title for that green belt will be offered after I get that one. That’s in the back of my mind cause this year ain't finished yet and I still got fights to focus on in 2011. Plus family time for the holidays.

MTA: Is MMA still in the cards for you? The fight you had set up recently ended up falling through correct?

Cyrus: Yes for sure I will be in the cage getting my scrap on. Just waiting for Roger to give me the word and it's on bro. I put in about 2 months of solid training with him on my ground game and learned so much and I actually like it. He's a great teacher. I am anxious to make my USA debut in the cage.

MTA: Any parting words for your supporters?

Cyrus: I just wanna say thank you all for your support, it's more then appreciated in a special way. You don't even know so take my word(s) for it. Stay tuned for my website that’s going to offer so much in nutrition, supplement advice, and a lot of things. Natural ways to heal and preserve the body that are all right in our cabinets and grocery stores but we just didn't know about them. I will help you lose weight or gain muscle properly and naturally. I am certified in nutrition and fitness and have been for years now. God bless you all as well as you Nathan. Thank you.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment