Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jose Palacios talks upcoming bout with Chris Kwiatkowski at Friday Night Fights


Jose Palacios (@JEPalacios) will return to action after a lengthy layoff on November 2nd to take on Chris Kwiatkowski under the Friday Night Fights Muay Thai (@FridaysFights) banner. Palacios took some time from his busy schedule to answer a few questions about the upcoming fight with Kwiatkowski.


MTA: You have a fight against Chris Kwiatkowski November 2nd in New York for Friday Night Fights. You haven't fought since February, how excited are you to get back in the ring?

Jose: I'm very excited for the up and coming challenge. He is a recognized fighter and I love the idea of facing tough opponents. Win or lose it doesn't matter. I want to look back and say yes, I fought this guy. So yes... I'm am excited and ready!

MTA: What was the reason for the layoff?

Jose: Well, the lay off was not done on purpose. I'm not a newbie when it comes to injuries. I've had many in my career. I've been doing this for a while now and I have paid my dues. I've broken both hands more than once. Tore my tendons on my left elbow from not tapping out. Cracked my sternum from a side kick to the chest. Broken both feet in a fight,
 almost tore a retina vs. a French Kickboxing champion, that's to name a few, but none have been as frustrating as the one I got this year.

In my last camp after Shane, I over trained and I hurt my back. I had to pull out of a fight in the Legends promotion in
San Francisco due to the MRI results. I had 2 bulging disks and it was painful to even walk. I had intense therapy and I mean intense. That hurts right there, that's real pain.

As soon as my back felt better my corner and I decided to take on the next fight. I went to K-1 trials with my back not 100% healed and I was excited to be there. I was happy to see how my Lion Fight Promotion brothers did in there. Made me hungrier and eager to fight again.


I did get into other things like acting and music so I made the best out of it.

MTA: How familiar are you with Chris K?

Jose: I've never seen Chris fight before. I knew I was eventually going to face off vs. him. We both were ranked by the WBC last year. I was 2 he was 3 or something like that... but I again, I never saw him fight before. When I was told I was facing off against him I took a look at a few of his fights and went to work. It's another day in the office. I don't really like to look at video too much, I like to work on what I do.

MTA: You dropped your last two fights by decision; do you feel any pressure to make sure you don't hit a three fight skid?

Jose: My last two fights were a great learning experience. I had a lot of distraction in my personal life and I let it affect my performance. I'm not thinking about a 3rd loss. I would love an opportunity to fight these fighters again.

MTA: During your time off you acted in an independent film City at War. How was that experience?

Jose: City at War! I loved it. It's something that I've always wanted to do. It's just as much as a rush as fighting is. I play a very strong minded Character named Zeta. He is an individual that many people respect and fear. He takes it upon himself to bring honor to his family and himself, he is the leader that the younger generation need and he takes it to heart.


It's a movie directed by a close friend of mine Eduardo Castrillo and his Uncle David Cavallero. Eddie is young up and comer who I believe has a lot of potential with big projects in mind and I'm glad I'm a part of it. Every one has to start somewhere, this is it. It's his 2nd film and what I love about it is that we don't have the big budgets. The fancy cameras, but the imagination is there and that's what matters. He has the support of his family and friends and the stars are the limits. The movie is being release in Nov. 17th in a theater in
14808 East 14th Street, San Leandro, California.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited and nervous. First time seeing myself on screen. This is the trailer.
 


MTA: Can we get a prediction for the fight?

Jose: Predictions for the fight..? haha... This question always makes me smile. Yea.. someone is going to win and someone is going to lose. Both people are gonna come out beat up.. one more than the other.. and I'm training hard so this person is not me. I'm not big on talking smack. I respect every opponent I face, but I am training to win.


MTA: You are located in Northern California, being that you will be fighting on the east coast for the first time, how important do you think it is for you to go make a statement in this fight?

Jose:
It's a big statement. I'm representing the caliber of fighters from the West. I can easily say it's a fight just for me and to a point it is, but I am also aware of the fight community and how things like this can be looked at as East vs. West. I can embrace that idea... hah. I can see it now, boos from every corner.
smileIt is what it is at the end of the day, we are both fighters living on the other side of the country. Fighting for honor at least that's my case.

MTA: Any words for your supporters Jose?


Jose: Thank you! My biggest supporters are closest friends at the gym who are with me day in and day out. The people that bring me food when I'm hungry and beat up. My parents who feed me and nurture me back to life. My girlfriend, I know it's not easy, Thank you. My brothers who I want to punch in the gut sometimes, but at the end of the day still make me smile when I think back at the good times. My coach Rudi Ott who challenges me day in and out helping me focus and become a better martial artist. My team mates, brothers por vida homes.


The San Jose Medical Brigades folks who have big hearts and help other people in need. They remind me how blessed we are to have running water.
http://www.empowered.org/Julie-Basuino

How can I forget the people who cheer me on during the battle. Thank you for you energy. Oss!
www.edopeno.com, GFY GEAR, TLC Chiropractic Center, Crossfit Unlimted, www.morningcrane.com,Students Empowering Communities - www.empowered.org.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment