Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sean McKinnon talks upcoming Journey Fight Series tourney bout against Preston Baptiste


Sean McKinnon will be looking to advance to the finals of the Journey Fight Series 160lb tournament when he takes on Preston Baptiste (@OronoJr) on November 3, 2012 in Calgary. McKinnon was kind enough to take time off from his busy schedule to answer a few questions about his upcoming fight against Baptiste.

MTA: You are fighting Preston Baptiste in the Journey 160lb semi-finals. How do you feel about the match up?

Sean: I’m feeling good about the match up. I’ve been training hard and think I will fight well.

MTA:
How familiar are you with Preston as a fighter, you fought as amateurs correct?

Sean: I’m not super familiar, we fought in 2009…. So we’ve both had plenty of time to grow as fighters. I’m not expecting him to fight the same way he did previously. I don’t watch videos of my opponents, I prefer to prepare by training, and just doing my own thing when I get in the ring. This way I’m not confused if my opponent fights differently than what I expected.

MTA: Where do you think you have the advantage in the fight?

Sean: I feel I’ve trained very hard, like I always do and that will be my biggest advantage.

MTA:
You were the last fighter to advance after your first bout was postponed and then ultimately a replacement was found for Daniel Kim. Were you disappointed you didn't get a chance to avenge your loss to Daniel Kim?

Sean: I was a bit disappointed, it would have been worse if I had no fight at all. Rhys Jones deserves some recognition for stepping in a week before the fight.

MTA:
Can we get a prediction for the fight?

Sean: I think it will be an exciting fight, Muay Thai fans won’t want to miss this card.

MTA:
If you make it to the finals do you have a preference on who you face, Troy Sheridan or Shane Campbell?

Sean: Trevor lost a close decision to Shane in the past and our Gym would like to get some retribution.

MTA:
Who do you think will win the match between Sheridan and Campbell?

Sean: I think it will be a close match, I’m not sure who will win.

MTA:
Any words for your supporters?

Sean: Thanks everyone for the support and I’ll see you on fight night!
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment