Wednesday, November 27, 2013

10 Facts with Ken Tran


Ken Tran is one of North America's most entertaining fighters. Always a showman in the ring and a fun guy outside of it, we catch up with Ken to do some fact finding.

Ken is based out of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada where he owns his own gym Titan MMA. Known for his finishing prowess, over 70% of his victories have come by stoppage. He holds a professional record of 14-4-1 and has competed all over the world including Thailand, China, America, and Canada.

One of Ken's biggest wins came against Li Wei of China. Wei was undefeated at the time with a 16-0 record, Ken took the fight on notice of only one week and defeated Wei by decision.

Now on to what will most likely be one of the most entertaining 10 Facts segments we run. FYI all facts were provided by Ken, so none of this is made up no matter how funny it sounds.

1. I am afraid of the wind, heights and spiders.

2. I secretly like the Backstreet Boys (the music, not the guys) and can't help but sing a long when one of their songs come on. 

3. I am a big time animal lover, in fact I generally like animals more then people. 

4. I was kicked out of my parents house at the age of 17 and have lived on my own ever since (we have a great relationship now). 

5. I had the biggest crush on Ariel from the Little Mermaid when I was young.

6. Teachers wanted me to skip grades as a kid and I was a multiple time honor roll student, yet I was a class clown and trouble maker so maybe they just didn't want me in their class. 

7. I wish I could sing and have seen every season of American Idol, The Voice and X-Factor. 

8. People are surprised when they sit down and have a conversation with me because I am directly judged on my personality in the ring. When I fight I have been told I come off as an arrogant and cocky guy. I act like that to put on a show for the crowd and make the fight entertaining. I almost always become friends with guys I fight and have a lot of respect for anyone that steps in the ring.

9. I used to get bullied up until grade 6. 

10. I was always interested in martial arts but wanted to be a fighter after watching Bloodsport. I walked into an MMA gym when I was 19 to begin that journey.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment