Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Liam Harrison talks upcoming Lion Fight 23 bout against Malaipet



Liam Harrison (@LiamBadco) is the most recognized fighter out of the UK, and has established himself as one of the best fighters in the world. On July 31st the Bad Company trained fighter will take on Malaipet Sasiprapa at Lion Fight 23. We were able to catch up with Liam to talk to him about the upcoming bout and a few other things. 

MTA: You are fighting Malaipet at Lion Fight 23, how are you feeling coming into this fight?

Liam: I'm feeling good I've trained hard and looking forward to show casing myself in the states again. 

MTA: Malaipet is one of the most popular fighters here in the states, are you familiar with him and his fight style?

Liam: Yes I know him so I have trained hard as I know he's a very good fighter. 

MTA: This will be your second time fighting in the States, are you looking forward to fighting in front of the American crowd again?

Liam: Yes I'm really looking forward to it, Lion Fight is a great promotion and I have been trying to get on these cards for a long time. 

MTA: You are always involved in high profile fights, as a fighter how do you prepare for that mentally knowing you are fighting some of the biggest names in the world?

Liam: I don't really feel I need to mentally prepare anymore it's ingrained into me as I've proved over the years I'm up there with the best of the best and have been fight the top level for the last 10 years.

MTA: How was it that you got involved with Muay Thai, and at what point did you realize that this was going to be your profession?

Liam: My cousin former world champion Andy Howson just took me down to Bad Company gym with him one day and I instantly fell in love with the sport. My first pro fight was at 14, but it wasn't until I was about 18 I realized I could actually make a living out of the sport if I applied myself correctly. 

MTA: Outside of Muay Thai what are some of your hobbies?

Liam: I used to play a lot of football (soccer to you guys) but obviously had to give that up in case of injury which I really miss but still enjoy having a bet on a Saturday afternoon and going to watch the games, other than that my life is pretty much spent in the gym. I enjoy going out for a drink or nice meals when I'm out of fight camp, and go the cinema weekly also but that's about it really.

MTA: On social media it seems that your team Bad Company is always having a good time, how is it training at Bad Company and how is the team dynamic?

Liam: I absolutely love training at Bad Company, we are a family and are all best friends, which is probably why we are all so successful. We all train hard together and are all set on the same goals of just being the best we can be and all push each other to the limit. When one of us wins, we all win and the same when we lose we feel like we all lost. I couldn't imagine training anywhere else tbh. 

MTA: A while back there was talks among fans that they wanted to you see you fight American Kevin Ross, is that a fight that you interested in?

Liam: Yeah it's been talked about but Kevin's team said he only fights at 63.5 against international opposition and I'm more 65-66 so not sure it will happen unless a catch weight could be agreed. 

MTA: You had a brief stint in Kickboxing two years ago, is that something you might try again or do you simply prefer to fight Muay Thai?

Liam: No to be honest I don't like fighting K-1 rules my heart is with Muaythai, it's hard to be good at something which you don't enjoy. 

MTA: If you have to sum yourself up as a fighter in one word what would it be? 

Liam: 1 word.....clinical.

MTA: Thanks for the time Liam, do you have any parting words for your fans and supporters?

Liam: Just like to say thanks to my sponsors SAY scaffolding and Gold standard nutrition, and say I'm looking forward to putting on a good show for all my supporters friends and family who will be watching when I fight next week.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment