Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Rematch of Alex Filip vs. Atakan Arslan ordered by SUPERKOMBAT board



SUPERKOMBAT has announced that Alex Filip and Atakan Arslan will re-match at a future event. filip and Arslan fought at the SUPERKOMBAT World Grand Prix IV where Filip was declared the winner in an extra round decision.

The decision for the re-match came from the SuperKombat board after Arslan officially contested the decision. The change comes after it was determined that the decision was questionable. It also prompted the another major change, in future events two international judges outside of the host country will be used at SuperKombat events.

"This fight was contested officially by Atakan Arslan team and I can confirm that it was a controversial decision after the technical commission analyzed the fight. Also, I want to announce that from this moment, for the future events, we will have two international judges outside of the host-country and an international supervisor", said Superkombat CEO, Eduard Irimia.

Neither fighter seems to shy away from the rematch. 

"Wasn't the worst decision ever, but I think I was the winner of the fight. I'm very delighted because Superkombat ordered the rematch and that proves a lot. I cannot tell you now how happy I am for that. Next time I will knock-out Filip" responded Arslan.

"I'm waiting for him, no matter when the fight will happen. I'm better than him and I will prove it again" replied Filip. 
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment