Monday, November 2, 2015

Josh Aragon Fight Blog #2: You need to be ready to adapt



by Josh Aragon

Another week of training down and I am feeling better and better each week. I did a lot of sparing this week working and focusing on timing and accuracy. Now that the time is getting closer I get more and more excited and anxious. It's always been a dream for me to win a WBC title and now that I get the opportunity there is no way I'm coming home without that title. To me a WBC title or WMC title are the most recognized titles internationally for Muay Thai. 

I know Landon comes to fight and he will be prepared which makes for an exciting fight. He has knockout power and won the WBC title in dominating fashion. I respect Landon, I respect every fighter that I step in the ring. I know the hard work and dedication and sacrifices we have to go through to fight and be successful in this sport, it is not for the faint of heart. Regardless of the respect, let me tell you when the bell rings I'm going for blood or the KO because nothing is gong to stand in the way of me achieving my dreams. I'm ready for this fight I feel everything is in the right place at the right time now it's time for me to make my dream become a reality.

Like anything else with the fight game you need to be ready to adapt, and I received that news on Friday. I was training and prepping to fight Landon Simmons at 154lbs for his WBC title, but I got a call from the promoter Dennis Warner that there was a change. Landon had to pull out of the fight and I was getting a replacement. Ryan Roy was my new opponent and the fight was no longer at 154lbs it was at 160lbs.

I am a fighter and the change is something that I accept, I am still fighting for a WBC title but it is for the 160lb title now. I am in great shape and now I just have to go to the drawing board to figure out my strategy against Ryan, but I know what I can do and I am confident I am still coming home with that strap.

As a fighter if you aren’t confident in your skill set then you shouldn’t be fighting. The moment you doubt yourself then you have already lost. 

I look forward to seeing everyone at the fights on November 13th at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment