Thursday, March 10, 2011

Matt Embree talks about win over Rami Ibrahim and the semi-finals of the Journey Fight Series tournament


Matt Embree defeated Rami Ibrahim this past weekend in the opening round of the Journey Fight Series 140lb eight man tournament. He answered a few questions for Muay Thai Authority regarding his fight, and the fact that he now gets a chance to avenge his Semptember 2010 loss to Coke Chunhawat in the next round of the tournament.

MTA: The First round of the tournament is over and you walked away with a unanimous decision over Rami Ibrahim. The fight won fight of the night. When it was over were you worried at all that the decision wouldn't go your way?

Matt:
I wasn't too worried about the decision, I felt I did enough to win and my corner told me that I had won, so I wasn't stressing it.

MTA:
With the win over Rami you are now set to get a re-match with Coke Chunhawat in the second round of the tournament. How excited are you about the chance to avenge the split decision loss to him from last year?

Matt:
It feels good. I like Coke, he's a real good guy, and a great fighter, but in this sport u gotta fight the best, so its nothing personal against him, I just want to be the best, so I gotta do what I gotta do to get there.

MTA:
Having lost such a close fight to Coke, do you feel you need to change anything for your second match up with him?

Matt:
Yea for sure I do, there's a lot I still have to work on. I always look back and evaluate my fights and look at what I have to improve on. I made mistakes in that fight that I will work on and just keep stepping up my game overall.

MTA:
On the other side of the bracket you have Josh Palmer vs Justin Greskiewicz, any of them you would rather face if you make it to the finals?

Matt:
No, it doesn't matter who I fight, I just want to fight the best man in the end.

MTA:
Before the tournaments second round do you have any fights lined up?

Matt: I don't have anything lined up, I'm hoping to get at least 1 in b4 the next round.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment