Monday, June 13, 2011

Bryce Krause talks about his upcoming fight with Shane Oblonsky


Muay Thai Authority was able to catch up with Bryce Krause and talk about his upcoming fight with Shane Oblonsky. Krause and Oblonsky are scheduled to meet on July 9th for Stand Up Promotions, on the line will be the 154lb MTAA championship which Oblonsky currently holds.

MTA: How is the training for your upcoming fight going?
 
Bryce: Training is going great. I've been preparing for this bout since December to make sure I'll be in fight shape come July.

MTA: You haven't fought in over a year because you were letting an injury heal, are you worried about any ring rust?
 
Bryce: Yea its been over a year since I last fought. As you know I dislocated my elbow early 2010 while skateboarding. So I was sidelined for several months while my elbow recovered. Then late 2010 I got the itch to get back in the ring. I thought OK lets see how the elbow holds up. Lets see if I can get in good shape and then see how I feel about fighting again. So I got in shape and sometime around December I made the decision that I want to fight. So here I am, four weeks out from stepping back in the ring.

MTA: How is your elbow now, are you 100% recovered?
 
Bryce: The elbow is good as new. It's crazy. This was my first major injury of any sorts. So from being sidelined and not knowing what would be possible to being here and training as hard as ever is pretty rad. The bodies ability to renew itself is amazing.

MTA: Your first fight back and they don't give you a walk in the park, Shane Oblonsky is a tough fighter. How much do you know about Shane and his fighting style?
 
Bryce: I've seen Shane fight several times. He's an exciting fighter and I'm anticipating a tough fight.
 
MTA: Any spots that you feel you might have advantages over Shane, and any spots you feel he might have advantages?
 
Bryce: You know it's a fight and every fight is going to unfold how it unfolds. All I can do is prepare to the best of my abilities and be ready to fight my fight.

MTA:
Can you give a prediction for your fight with Shane?
 
Bryce: I'm coming to win. That's all I want. I want to win.

MTA: What is your next move after this fight, do you already have any other fights lined up?
 
Bryce: No I don't have any other fights lined up. Right now all my attention is focused on this fight. I want to thank my coaches Jason Parillo, Porter Williams, my sparring partners Steffan, Danny, David...Matt w/athletes quest, PM @ RVCA and my gym totalmmastudios.com and versaclimber.com. Thanks Nathan and muaythaiauthority.com!
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment