Sunday, September 18, 2011

Baxter Humby talks KO win over Zidov Dominik, re-matching John Wayne Parr and more


Baxter Humby recently defeated Zidov Dominik at the Muaythai Premier League's "Stars and Stripes" with a spectacular knockout that made ESPN's top 10 plays of the week. Humby took some time to talk to Muay Thai Authority about the win, a potential re-match with John Wayne Parr and other fighters he would like to face in his upcoming bouts.

MTA: Baxter your coming off a big win against Zidov Domenik at the MPL, very impressive knockout. Was that something you worked on?


Baxter: Yes, it was something I worked on. My coach had me throwing thousands of reverse side kicks so I could accurately land it in the fight. In studying his tapes, his fighting style was open to this technique. The hard work paid off!

MTA: As soon as you connected with that kick, did you know it was a done deal and that fight was over?

Baxter: I wasn't 100% sure but I knew I landed it perfectly and was hoping he wouldn't get up.

MTA: You were originally scheduled to re-match John Wayne Parr and the fight fell through, how bad are you looking to get the re-match with Parr now?

Baxter: I would love a rematch with Parr. It took him 2 rounds to knock out Zidov and only took me 1.

MTA: If you get your re-match with JWP, can you give us a prediction for how that re-match would end?

Baxter: It's going to be a battle but I'll be prepared to fight him and the outcome will be different this time. This time I'll have more than 2 weeks to get ready for the fight and will actually prepare for Parr instead of an opponent that backs out in the last minute.

MTA: ESPN had you on their top 10, what were your thoughts when you found out about that?

Baxter: I was extremely excited when I found out I made the top 10! It shows I am a valid professional athlete even though I only have 1 hand. It's a defining moment in my career to be recognized by one of the biggest sports networks.

MTA: Now aside from John Wayne Parr is there anyone that you would like to fight in particular?

Baxter: I would like to fight Chaz Mulkey for his WBC title or Chike Lindsey for his WBC title (and hopefully this time he won't complain that he has a bad back when I beat him again) .

MTA: You have one arm but as you say you can do anything you believe in. Where does this confidence come from and how do you feel children that might have something that can be seen as a disablity can gain the confidence that they need to achieve great things such as you have?

Baxter: The "Only Limits You Have Are the Ones You Put on Yourself." I live by these words and I hope it helps to inspire others.

MTA: You have been in the game for quite a while now and have accomplished some great things, what is there left that you personally would like to accomplish before you call it quits?

Baxter: ESPN Top 10 was a great milestone that I wanted to accomplish. I would like to retire being known as one of the best Muay Thai fighters, regardless of the fact that I only have 1 hand.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment