Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Michael Corley talks about his upcoming fight with Marco Pique


The Challenger Muaythai cast member, Michael Corley will be in action on December 23rd in Suriname at the event Klaaromte Bossen. Corley will be facing fellow cast mate on The Challenger Muaythai, Marco Pique. Corley took some time to talk to Muay Thai Authority about the upcoming fight against Pique in Suriname as well as his fight in February against Chike Lindsay.

MTA: You are fighting Marco Pique in Suriname, how did the fight come about?

Michael: I saw that Eric Haycraft was looking for fighters in Suriname and I've seen in the past that he has taken guys down there, so I shot him an email with my info.

MTA: Marco Pique and you were both on The Challenger Muaythai. How is your relationship with Marco?

Michael: He's a cool dude. I respect his skills for sure; he's fought the best in the world. Muaythai is a small community so sometimes we got to fight our friends. I talked to him recently and we were saying we'll make a good fight and whatever happens and we'll have fun in Suriname after.

MTA: Is there any area in particular you feel you will have an advantage over Marco?

Michael: I'm fighting back in his home so I know I really got to bring it to him to win. So I'm prepared to go out push it at a fast pace.

MTA: Do you think the time on the Challenger helped you as far as preparation since you trained with Marco there? Obviously he benefited from the same thing as he got to train with you.

Michael: We both got to see each other train and fight live. But you know styles make fights so I can't base anything on what I saw style wise with previous fights on challenger. But I do know that he's a professional and he is always in shape and trains hard for every fight. So I know that I gotta match/exceed his training.

MTA: You take a lot of fights on short notice against top competition. Have you had more time to train for this fight than usual?

Michael: No not really lol maybe an extra week. It’s all good, you gotta seize the opportunities life gives you cause you never know if they'll come around again. When my day in fighting is done at least ill know what it was like to fight the best in the sport at the time I did it.

MTA: It is clear you will fight anyone anytime, not looking past Marco Pique. You are already set to fight Chike Lindsay in February. How do you think having a full training camp will help?

Michael: I'm real excited for that one. Haven't fought in the states in almost 3 years. Ill be doing my camp with Kirian at CSA I hope for a lot of the camp. Your gonna see the best of me come February that's for sure.

MTA: Back on Marco, what is your prediction for the fight?

Michael: Its only 3 rounds full Thai rules so expect a high paced fight with a lot of action.

MTA: Any words for you supporters?

Michael: Thanks to my family and friends that have supported me throughout my career, I’m going to close out 2011 strong and can’t wait for 2012. Thanks to MTAuthority for the interview
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment