Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Angela Hill talks upcoming fight with Jill Guido at Friday Night Fights Muay Thai


Fast rising amateur Angela Hill will be facing what many consider the toughest test of her career when she takes on Jill Guido this upcoming Friday at Friday Night Fights Muay Thai All Stars. Hill will be looking to keep her undefeated record in tact and was kind enough to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority about her upcoming fight and future fight plans.

MTA: You are fighting Jill Guido this coming Friday, how familiar are you with her as a fighter?

Angela: I've known about her since I first thought about competing myself. I think her last fight was around the same time I had my first back in 2010. I'm not sure why she took the long break from the ring, but I'm expecting her to be my biggest challenge yet.

MTA: Where do you feel you will hold an advantage in the fight against Jill?

Angela: I think ring rust is going to be a factor, I've been competing consistently since 2010, so I feel that will be my major advantage.

MTA: You recently spent time in Thailand correct, how as that experience?

Angela: Yup, training in Thailand was tough, but it was great to drop everything and just focus on training. I hope to do it again one day, maybe before I turn pro.

MTA: You are undefeated as an amateur, is there any added pressure when you step in the ring to keep at zero in that loss column?

Angela: I think of it as extra motivation. It pushes me just a little harder to win each round.

MTA: Can you give us a prediction for your fight with Jill?

Angela: I'm expecting a great fight with a lot of action.

MTA: Not looking past Jill, but what do you have planned as far as your fight career goes?

Angela: I'm hoping a win against Jill will open me up to travel more for fights, especially since she's well known on the West Coast.

MTA: How soon before we can see make that jump to the pro ranks?

Angela: Eventually I want to compete in MMA, but Muay Thai is my passion, so we'll see how that plays out. Either way I'm hoping to go pro within the next year or two.

MTA: Any words for your supporters Angela?

Angela: Big thanks to you guys, you're the ones that keep me training hard! Hope to see you all this Friday!
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment