Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Turan Hasanov talks upcoming bout with Liam Tarrant at Friday Night Fights Muay Thai


The always exciting Turan “The Tornado” Hasanov will be back in action this coming Friday when he takes on up and coming Liam Tarrant at Friday Night Fights Muay Thai All Stars. Hasanov took some time to speak with Muay Thai Authority about his upcoming bout with Tarrant as well as giving his thoughts on the judges and fighters he would like to fight in the future.

MTA: Turan you are fighting Liam Tarrant this Friday, how has training for the fight been going?

Turan: I’ve been actually training for a fight for once in a long time. My training’s been really good I’m looking forward to this fight to open new doors for me.

MTA: How familiar are you with Liam as a fighter?

Turan: I met Liam at the first amateur tournament on Friday Night Fights back in 2008. I’ve been friends with him ever since, it’s an honor to fight him, he is actually a very well rounded fighter and moves very well in the ring.

MTA: You haven't been happy with some of the judges scoring in your recent fights. What is it you feel has been wrong with their scoring and do you think it might be personal?

Turan: I really hate judges and I hate watching fights go to the the guy who sold more tickets. I got robed in the Eddie Martinez fight which I didn't train at all for and knocked him down, plus I got robed in the 3rd Greskiwicz fight which I did train for and dominated the whole fight and still got robed. I could loose a fight by the judges, but at the end of the day only two people know who won those fights and its the fighters that are fighting the fight not a bunch of point dexters in glasses that haven't trained a day in their life.

MTA: Liam comes from a very traditional camp at North Jersey Muay Thai and you are known for your move forward approach. Do you think you applying pressure could present trouble for him?

Turan: Anything could happen during a fight, anyone could switch styles, they could be preparing him for me every training camp is different. I like too mix both styles together (THAI N DUTCH) and train that way through out all my training camps.

MTA: What is your prediction for the fight?

Turan: Only the fight could tell you an outcome. I can’t tell u if I will win or knock him out in a certain round cause anything could happen, I can easily get robbed again. But what iI can tell you is that I come to destroy my opponents in every fight, and every fight I want to put my opponent in a coma or a casket that's my mentality that's why I keep moving forward. I’m just like a soldier trying to come back home alive and if my opponent is in the way of that I’m gonna do everything that it takes to come back home.

MTA: Not looking past Liam, is there anyone you would like to fight next?

Turan: I was supposed to fight Chaz Mulkey July 28 at Lion Fight Promotions, he was talking a lot on-line and called me an internet thug, they gave me a contract and everything and he cancelled. He apparently is taking a 6 month break. I would like to fight Kevin Ross or fight someone in my true weight category 150lb-155lb. I want one of those WBC belts, I know for a fact that I/m ready and I deserve a shot. If I can’t get a fight their then I want to fight the guy who claims he’s the best on the east coast or go over seas and fight the best I’m ready to fight anybody, any were, anytime.

MTA: Any words for your supporters?

Turan: I just want to say thank you to everyone. Every time I fight and I hear people screaming my name it just pushes me to do more.

But most of all I want to thank god that I am hear alive and well and not locked up and I want to thank him for everything that he has done for me this past two years. I’ve been going through a lot of bullshit and he has been their for me the whole way and I will be praying to him to give me power in both hand and legs to win this fight.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment