Sunday, August 5, 2012

Matt Embree talks upcoming bout with Lerdsila Chumpairtour at Push Kick Promotions "Thailand vs. The Americas"


Matt Embree has the biggest fight of his career coming up on August 18th. He will be fighting Lerdsila Chumpairtour at Push Kick Promotions “Thailand vs. The Americas”. Matt took some time from his busy training schedule to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority about his upcoming fight.

MTA: You have a big fight coming up against Lerdsila. How is training for him going?

Matt: Training is going good, hard as always.

MTA: He is known for being very quick and able to avoid his opponent’s attacks how do you train for an opponent that is so good at avoiding his opponent’s attacks?


Matt: I’ve watched his fights for a long time. I think the key is just building a good strategy and sticking to it in the fight.

MTA: Where do you feel your keys to victory will be in the bout with Lerdsila?

Matt: Fighting as hard and as smart as I can.

MTA: A lot of people are considering this the biggest test of your career to this point, do you feel the same?

Matt: Yea I feel like this is my hardest test for sure. He is a very accomplished fighter, and has a difficult style to fight against.

MTA: You have been on a roll as of late, in 2012 you won the Journey Fight Series 140lb tournament, and then this year you won a WBC title by defeating Coke and beat Nils Widlund in your last outing. Do you feel pressure as you become more recognized as one of the best Nak Muays in North America?

Matt: Not at all. I’ve had the goal to be the best since I started and I’m focused on accomplishing that. I have high expectations of myself and I don’t really let external factors bother me.

MTA: Can we get a prediction for the fight against Lerdsila?

Matt: I think it will be a technical fight.

MTA:
Do you currently have anything planned following the fight with Lerdsila; if not is there anyone you would like to fight before years end?

Matt: Nothing is planned yet. I just want to fight some more world class fighters, so hopefully some opportunities arise before the end of the year.

MTA: Thanks Matt. Any words for your supporters?

Matt: Thanks to everyone whose supports me and all the other Nakmuay from North America. The support helps build the sport so spread the word.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment