Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sean Kearney talks upcoming fight with Malaipet at Push Kick Promotions "World Stand Off"


Sean Kearney will be fighting Malaipet Sasiprapa on the March 2nd Push Kick Promotions event in Pomona, CA. The young Canadian fighter is looking to prove to fight fans that he is one of the top fighters in the 140 and 147lb weight classes in North America. Despite a significant experience gap between Malaipet and himself, he feels confident going into the fight. Muay Thai Authority caught up with Sean to talk about the upcoming fight with Malaipet.

MTA: Sean big fight in California next month, you are taking on Malaipet. How has your preparation been going for this fight?

Sean: My preparation has been amazing so far. Doing a lot of hard pad work and lots of clinching!!

MTA: Malaipet has significantly a lot more experience than you. Does that affect you at all?

Sean: I guess the only way that it is affecting me is it is giving me more of a huger and motivation with my training.

MTA: What do you feel you need to do to make up for the gap in experience between you guys come fight time?

Sean: I feel I have to just relax and fight my fight, and make sure I stick to my game plan. As a life long martial artist and having trained with some very high level nak muay I feel confident in my skills and look forward to fighting one of the greats in Malaipet!!

MTA: You are going to be an underdog in this fight according to many. Does that motivate you in training and do you like that role?

Sean: It does motivate me; I relish the role of the underdog. I look forward to testing myself against one of the most well established names in North America and showing everyone that I belong with the top 140,147 pound fighters in North America.

MTA: If you had to pick where you think you hold an advantage in the fight what would you pick?

Sean: I feel my height, range and timing will be key in this fight but I feel comfortable anywhere the fight goes!

MTA: Can we get your prediction for the fight?

Sean: I predict a back and forth fight with A LOT of kneeing and elbowing! Win lose or draw I guarantee this will be an exciting fight, and hope to be back on an amazing Push kick Promotions show again.

MTA: For those not familiar can you tell us how long you have been training Muay Thai and why you began training?

Sean: Have been training Muay Thai for 7 years and began training with the goal to get in the ring and compete. I owe a lot of my skills to my trainer who I lived with in Thailand and coached me to the level where I am now Ajarn Lamnammoon Sor sumalee, and also Kru Jason Fenton for adding some more wrinkles to my game!!

MTA: Any words for your supporters?

Sean: I would like to thank Push kick Promotions for putting me on this amazing show, thanks to everyone who will be cheering for me on March 2nd, and I am looking forward to hopefully making some new fans!

Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment