Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Villi Bello talks re-match with Turan Hasanov at this weekend's Friday Night Fights event


Villi Bello will headline this weekend’s Friday Night Fights event. Bello will be looking to avenge his 2011 loss to Turan Hasanov. In the 2011 Friday Night Fights Season Finale, Bello and Hasanov were involved in an action packed fight that saw Hasanov take a decision victory. Originally scheduled to fight Preston Baptiste, Bello instead now has a change for revenge against Hasanov. Bello was kind enough to take time out of his schedule to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority.

MTA: You were training for Preston Baptiste and he pulled out. Turan Hasanov stepped in to replace him. What were you thinking when you found out Turan was replacing Preston?

Villi: Well is unfortunate that Preston had to pull out do to unclear circumstances because I was really looking forward to fight him. The moment I heard about Turan taking the fight I got excited because I thought I beat him last time but the judges didn’t see it that way and it is always exiting to fight a tough guy like Turan.

MTA: As far as training goes does anything change now that your opponent changed, especially on such short notice?

Villi: Well on the technical aspect there will be some adjustments due to the fact that Preston is more traditional with his Muay Thai than Turan and also taller. But nothing special, Turan doesn’t really adjust or has evolved much since I fought him last time so I have an idea of what to expect.

MTA: You thought you won last time but the judges didn’t agree. What do you think you need to do to make sure the judges see it in your favor if it goes the distance again?

Villi: Well when I fought him last time it was my second pro fight so I wasn’t as experienced and even though Turan didn’t land many clear shots I allowed him to hit my arms when blocking. This time I will not try to make contact or make less contact with my body as possible.

MTA: How do you think you have evolved as a fighter form the first fight until now?

Villi: I feel that since the last fight with him I’ve gotten smarter, faster, stronger, and more experienced due to the high level of opponents I have faced since then. I work super hard to improve as much as I can in every aspect of my game on every single training session.

MTA: Prediction for this fight?

Villi: A great match to see and appreciate. Won’t give more of a prediction, come and watch to find out what happens.

MTA: Thank you for your time Villi. Any words for your supporters?

Villi: Well to all my people that come down I wanna tell them that I appreciate their support and that I’ll try to make their money’s worth…and also thanks to Blueprint Cleanser for providing their things to help me cut weight the most natural way possible. And if anybody is interested I’m looking for sponsors. LOL.
 
*Villi Bello photo by Arnold Marzan
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment