Thursday, August 7, 2014

Eddie Walker talks upcoming fight with Adrian Miles at NFC 67



Two years ago Eddie “Showtime” Walker was on a tear. Fighting under the Lion Fight Promotions banner he scored a huge upset knockout over Joe Schilling and then followed that up by placing second in the Road to Glory Middleweight Tournament. Despite being the runner up in the tournament he was signed by Glory and was immediately matched up against the Steve Wakeling, one of the best fighters in the world in their weight class. Walker would taste defeat for the second consecutive time and would eventually lose four fights in a row.

Despite the setback Walker continues to press forward looking to bring his entertaining power packed fight style. Returning to fight in his hometown of Atlanta for the first time in over two years, Walker looks to end the losing streak this weekend when he takes on Adrian Miles at NFC 67. Despite taking the bout on short notice, Walker was kind enough to take some time out of his training to answer a few questions about his career, and his upcoming fight.

MTA: You are fighting on short notice against Adrian Miles this Saturday. How has the prep for this fight come along?

Eddie:
The short camp has been great. I have some great people in my life that are willing to sacrifice their own time to help me get prepared when it's time.

MTA:
How familiar are you with Adrian, and what do you think will be the biggest challenge for you this fight?

Eddie: I don't know anything about him really, except for the fact he is a big strong guy and he is left handed. I think the biggest challenge is myself, other than that just looking to have fun in there.

MTA: You have dropped 4 fights in a row. How much is that on your mind coming into this bout?

Eddie: Damn straight to calling me out on that huh? Lol! It's not really. I know what the issues were and I'm satisfied that they are no longer there. It was a rough last half of 2013 and early part of 2014.

MTA: Was there anything affecting you that people might not know about?

Eddie: I have had a ton of things going on at the same time within that period, but right now is probably not the time to dive into all of that.

MTA: As a fighter how do you shake off hitting a skid like you recently did?

Eddie: Family, friends, fans, the willpower to overcome anything that stands in your way. Support is key. Without it, you will drown yourself in doubt and eliminate any potential that you may have.

MTA: How crucial is it for you to win this fight and not lose a fifth fight in a row?

Eddie:
Every fight is crucial, but when you say it like that it sounds like I better go out there and win! Lol!

MTA: At any point in that rough patch did you think about hanging up the gloves?

Eddie: Thought about it quite a few times, but it wasn't because of the losses. This is a very tough sport to compete in at such a high level when you can't dedicate your life to it 24-7. Changes and compromises always have to happen and relationships are built and destroyed so that success can happen in the future.

MTA: Aside from fighting you like to play clash of clans. Are you better at beating people up or raiding villages?

Eddie: Lol! I probably play that game a little too much when I'm relaxing at the house. I'm pretty sure my wife wants to throw my phone away because of it.

MTA: For Eddie Walker fans out there what is your Clash of Clans name and what is your clan name so they can find you?

Eddie: I go by Showtime (obviously) and my clan name is Lettow Legion. I had no clue what the name meant, so my nerdy clan leader had to explain to me it was from Star Wars or something. I still don't understand it. Lol!

MTA: Back to fighting, if you get past Adrian is there anyone you want to fight next? Anyone in the Glory 77kg rankings.

MTA: You are fighting back in Atlanta, how does it feel to be fighting back in front of your home crowd? It feels great actually! I haven't fought in Atlanta in almost 3 years and everyone seems pretty pumped about coming out to the fight. Atlanta is a great city, and I'm looking forward to fighting on this card and hopefully we can talk Glory into coming here as well!

MTA: Any words for your supporters?

Eddie: I just want to thank everyone who has supported me no matter what. Your messages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all other Social Media really means a lot and I'm looking forward to putting on a show for everyone again.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment