Friday, July 31, 2015

Josh Aragon talks win over Bryce Krause at WCK Muay Thai: Cali 9


Josh Aragon scored the biggest win of his career thus far by defeating Bryce Krause this past weekend at WCK Muay Thai: Cali 9. With the win Josh improved his professional record to 6-0. We were able to catch up to Josh after his win and talk to him about the fight and his upcoming plans.
MTA: Big win this weekend over Bryce Krause. How are you feeling after the fight, any injuries?
Josh: I feel great no injuries just a little sore.
MTA: Your Boxing played a big roll in your win. Did you feel going into the fight that you would have an edge with your hands?
Josh: When I go into any fight I always feel well prepared in all aspects Boxing and Muay Thai.
MTA: Bryce is an established fighter in the states. How important was this fight for you?
Josh: Bryce is great fighter with a lot of experiences so this fight meant a lot.
MTA: You knocked him down in the first round. Can you walk us through your thought process when you knock your opponent down?
Josh: When I saw that I knocked him down I got a little to excited and started loading up on my shots, he was able to defend well and it gave him a chance to recover.
MTA: You have proven you can win fights inside and out of the clinch. When you prepare for a fight do you focus on any particular aspect of your game or prepare it all equally?
Josh: Kru Walter has always worked equally on my boxing and Muay Thai and every camp we feel it's best to stay sharp in every aspect of the game.
MTA: Do you have your radar locked on any particular fighter for your next fight and when will we see you in action again?
Josh: I will fight whoever they put in front of me. I just want to fight, however, I would like to wrap one of those WBC green belts around my waist. I'm hoping to fight 1 more time before I leave to Thailand in November.
MTA: You are undefeated with a record of 6-0. Is staying undefeated something you focus on and does it create more pressure?
Josh: The record doesn't mean anything to me if I haven't beaten any of the best, so hopefully each fight I will get to challenge myself with better and better fighters.
MTA: After a big win what is your go to food knowing you don't have to diet for a fight?
Josh: After my fight I give my self a couple days of eating junk food like ice cream, donuts, crappie food like that, but then I'm right back to eating clean again. I try not to go too far off weight just in case we get a call, you never know.
MTA: You have gone to Thailand to train and fight, how is that experience?
Josh: Yes I've been lucky enough to train in Thailand a few times and learn from some of the very best at Sityodtong Pattaya the best camp in Thailand. I even had the pleasure of working with the Godfather of Muay Thai Grand master Dr. Yodtong Sriwaralak (senanan) so for that I feel very blessed. I'm scheduled to fight for Max Muay Thai in Pattaya we leave November 29 come back December 15.
MTA: A lot of guys are starting to fight both Kickboxing and Muay Thai. Are you interested in trying your hand at Kickboxing or is it only Muay Thai for you?
Josh: I love Muay Thai and my heart will always be Muay Thai, but yes I would like to fight kickboxing mainly because they have some of the best stand up fighters in the game and it will be a pleasure to fight on the same stage or against.
MTA: Any words for your friends and supporters?
Josh: First of all I would like to thank my wife and kids for putting up with my grumpy ass during training camp. I would also like to thank Kru Walter and all of Sityodtong LA for there continuous support. I would like to thank my family and friends and all my sponsors I couldn't do it without them.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment