Thursday, October 22, 2015

Josh Aragon Fight Blog #1: Road to the WBC Muay Thai Championship



Josh Aragon trains out of Sityodtong LA and will be fighting current WBC Muay Thai U.S. Super Welterweight National Champion Landon Simmons. The bout will take place for the WCK in November. Aragon will be looking to keep his perfect professional record in tact, which currently stands at 6-0. 

Josh will be writing a blog in preparation for his fight for Muay Thai Authority. You can read his first blog entry below.


The second week of my training camp is in the books and I feel way better than my first week of training week. The 1st week of training camp is always tough although I workout all year long, training for a fight is a whole different kind of workout. You're pushing your body to the limit sometimes you get so exhausted you just want to quit, but that's when you push through and don't stop. That's really what makes a difference between an average fighter and a champion, pushing yourself to the limit mentally and physically without quitting. 

My weekly routine consists of sparring a lot, getting my timing back, running everyday and also doing pad work with Kru Walter. Kru is great at pushing me more and more each fight and I'm so grateful to have him in my corner. 

My weight is good so it's nice to go into training camp not worried about cutting so much weight . I try my best to eat health all year long so I don't have to cut so much weight prior to my fight. 

My training days consist of waking up and having a quick breakfast and then I am off to drop my son off at school. Then I head straight to the gym and run a 5K. I jump rope for 10 minutes, hit the bag for about 3 to 5 rounds then Kru Walter pads me for 20-30min straight through no rest in between. He likes to pad that way working explosive power speed, timing, and accuracy. After that coach has me working 10 to 15 minutes clinch every day. Afterwards I teach my classes, eat lunch, and come back to run another 5K. My strength and conditioning coach Mike Q then helps me get my next work out in. I finish teaching my classes, the last one ending at 9PM. When the last class is done I do bodywork such as pull-ups, push-ups, sit ups and dips. Also in between the mornings for the evening I have a two hour rest break so I can eat lunch and usually take a nap try to re-charge. I get home around 10 o'clock go to sleep and do it all over again.

I really try my hardest to stay around my fight weight even though I LOVE junk food. I'm Looking forward to my next week of training I'll keep you guys posted Sawat Dee Krup.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment