Saturday, March 3, 2012

Malaipet talks plans for 2012, wants re-match with Kevin Ross


Malaipet ended 2011 recording his first victory in over a year. He defeated Jose Palacios on two days notice and is now looking to return to the top. Muay Thai Authority recently talked to Malaipet about his win against Palacios, his drive to get back on top and his desire for a re-match with Kevin Ross.

MTA: You ended 2011 on a great note by winning the WBC welterweight national title at Lion Fight Promotions "Battle in the Desert 4". How important was it for you to end the year with that win?


Malaipet: Ending last year with a win was great because I needed to show my fans that I still got it. I took the last fight with just a couple days of notice and did what I wanted to do, which was to win.

MTA: A lot of people had turned their back on you and no longer considered you the fighter you once were. When we spoke last after your fight against Jose Palacios, you said that you were focused now and ready to return to top form. What has prompted you to want to make the necessary changes?

Malaipet: I'm ready for a comeback and prove to my fans that I am still the same Malaipet.

MTA: Do you currently have any plans for 2012?

Malaipet: My plans for 2012 is train hard and put on a good show for my fans.

MTA: Seeing you are ready to jump on the comeback trail, is there anyone in particular you would like to fight?

Malaipet: There are a couple guys I would like to fight again this year and one of them is Kevin Ross. I wasn't so prepared the first time, but if I get a chance with him in the ring again I know I can beat him.

MTA: The first fight with Kevin drew a lot of attention and when Kevin won it helped solidify him as one of the best fighters in America. How would things be different in a re-match?

Malaipet: The rematch would be different because I would be more prepared and not run out of gas as fast.

MTA: Aside from a re-match with Kevin what are you looking forward to this upcoming year?

Malaipet: This year I'm just looking forward to get as many fights as I can and get back on top. I plan to make it a good year for my fans

MTA: Thank for taking the time to talk to us Malaipet, any word for your fans?


Malaipet: I'd like to thank my true fans for having my back all the way. I promise to give every fight my all and not let u guys down.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment