Thursday, January 13, 2011

Turan Hasanov talks Muay Thai fight against Roli Delgado, predicts quick finsih.


Turan Hasanov will be fighting former UFC fighter Roli Delgado on Friday January 14th, but it will be a Muay Thai fight, not MMA. Hasanov is a professional Muay Thai fighter, while Delgado has made his living in MMA. Muay Thai Authority caught up with Turan to get his thoughts on fighter the former UFC fighter, and other MMA fighters trying their hand at Muay Thai after years of MMA competition.

MTA: You are fighting Roli Delgado of UFC fame, what is your thought on MMA fighters trying to compete in Muay Thai, after years of competing in MMA?

Turan: I think their out of their mind. In Muay Thai you can't use Jiu Jitsu and you can't lean like the MMA fighters cause there's no take downs and we don't get big breaks like the MMA fighters when their on the ground laying on top of each other.

MTA: What was the first thing that went through your mind when you found out you would be fighting Roli?

Turan: I was disappointed, I thought I was gonna get to fight a big name, he is a nobody in Muay Thai. I didn't take him serious at all, I didn't even train hard. I literally trained for one week, ran like 5 miles which is like 5% of what I have to go through for other fights.

MTA: What can Roli expect when he steps in to the ring with you?

Turan: I'm going to knock him out, he's gonna witness a real Thai boxer, and how Muay Thai fighters are different from MMA fighters.

MTA: There will likely be more attention on this fight due to the fact that Roli is a former UFC fighter, does that add any pressure to you?

Turan: It doesn't add anything but another KO to my record. I think think I have a bigger and better name than him, that doesn't bother me at all.

MTA: You are a Muay Thai fighter, and Roli is mainly known for Jiu Jitsu, do you feel there are any threats that Roli brings to this fight?

Turan: I don't think he can hurt me at all. I fought fighters way better than him that had a hard time fighting me in the ring, especially guys that are taller than me.

MTA: What is your prediction for the out come of the fight with Roli?

Turan: Knockout in the first round, in the second minute, over hand right.

MTA: Any words of advice for MMA fighters looking to step into the Muay Thai ring with professional Muay Thai fighters?

Turan: Good luck, may god have mercy on your souls.

It's pretty safe to say Turan feels confident, they don't call him "The Tornado" for no reason. Turan likes to get in and mix it up, and with heavy hands all it takes is one punch to shut off an opponents lights. It is also fairly obvious that Turan is more interested in fighting Muay Thai fighters to improve his Muay Thai skill, than get recognition fighting opponents with fame outside of Muay Thai.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment