Monday, November 14, 2011

Elaina Maxwell talks about her upcoming fight with Roxy Richardson at Lion Fight Promotions "Battle in the Desert 4"


Elaina Maxwell will make her pro Muay Thai debut on November 19th against Roxy Richardson at Lion Fight Promotions "Battle in the Desert 4". The CSA fighter will be looking to make an impression for the Las Vegas crowd in what is expected to be an entertaining fight. Elaina was kind enough to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority about her upcoming fight with Roxy Richardson.

MTA:
You are fighting Roxy Richardson at Lion Fight Promotions "Battle in the Desert 4" on Nov 19th. Being that you have competed in MMA would you say the training is easier since you only have to focus on the stand up portion of training?

Elaina:
No, not at all. Mentally it is less "draining" in that your not juggling the multiple disciplines (Boxing, Muaythai, Wrestling, BJJ, Sambo, etc) in the same way, but physically the training is just as demanding if not more.

MTA: How familiar are you with Roxy Richardson and depending on how much you know about her is there anything you feel she brings to the fight that could pose issues for you?

Elaina:
I'm not that familiar with Roxy; I hear she's a tough girl (which is good because so am I) and I know she's working with a great camp (at the Yard), with regards to the actual fight my trainer tells me what I need to do and then that's what I focus on.

MTA: You come from a tough camp in CSA, Miriam Nakamoto and Germaine are two of the top female fighters in the world, how does having them in the gym with you help you for your fights?

Elaina:
Over the past couple of years with CSA I have trained a great deal with Miriam and Germaine and without a doubt they are the two best female Muaythai Fighters on the planet (Miriam at 135 and Germaine at 145) how could working with them not help? We have a ton of great girls training at our camp Jenna Castillo and Amber Pope are two other Muaythai World Champions that come to mind, Sarah D'Alelio, Katie Toliao, Naline Carey, Jackie Marr, Lisa Henley, Jenny Benda...the list goes on...we have some BAD B***HES in our camp! Dont even get me started with the guys!!!!

MTA: Is there any area in this fight you feel you will have an advantage?

Elaina: I have size, strength & a wealth of San Shou and K-1 experience over my opponent. She has never fought anyone like me! #REALTALK

MTA:
What is your prediction for this fight?

Elaina:
WIN!!!

MTA:
Is Muay Thai in your permanent future, or do you plan on heading back to MMA after this fight?

Elaina: As Muaythai Grows in popularity here in the states I would love more opportunities to fight Muaythai. I love the challenge, I started in San Shou won Multiple World Titles (3X), I have fought amateur Muaythai before, I've fought for K-1 (I beat Christina Riddering...who I believe Roxy has lost to twice once as an amateur and once as a pro), I've fought for StrikeForce as a Kickboxer and in MMA and I've won MMA Titles, I just love to fight and the beauty and brutality of muaythai is very appealing to me.

Of course at the moment, there is more money & exposure in MMA and as a pro fighter I have to support myself. However I am going to Thailand in December after this fight to train and to fight a couple more times in Muaythai before the end of the year. My 1st fight in 2012 will be for a World Title in MMA in March for an all new Women's MMA Organization Invicta FC. Which I'm really excited about.

This fight will be a good test to see where I'm at with my Muaythai. Down the road, who knows...Green is one of my favorite colors and that 145 pound WBC Belt would look good around my waist.

MTA: Any words for you fans, family and supporters?

Elaina: Big thanks to Scott and Christine @ Lion Fight Promotions for having me on the card, Much love to all my fans, thank you to my Awesome Coach Kirian Fitzgibbons and all my fantastic training partners at CSA Gym, Janet Martin and Invicta FC, Fight Chix, NO-KO and of course my twin sister Rox 2! Ossss....
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment