Monday, October 29, 2012

Troy Sheridan talks upcoming fight with Shane Campbell at Journey Fight Series VIII


Troy Sheridan (@SheridanMMA)will take on Shane Campbell (@ShaolinStyleMMA) at Journey Fight Series VIII on November 3rd in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The semi-final bout of the Journey Fight Series 160lb tournament is expected to be full of fire works and neither Sheridan nor Campbell tends to fight passively in the ring. Sheridan was kind enough to take some time out of his busy training schedule to answer a few questions for us about the upcoming fight.

MTA: You are fighting Shane Campbell in the semi-finals of the  Journey Fight Series 160lb tournament, how familiar are you with Shane?

Troy: I'm very familiar with Shane, I know him pretty well. He is originally from the GTA. And was the face of Canadian Muay Thai when I began competing.

MTA: Most are looking at Shane as the favorite to win the tournament. Knowing that many don't expect you to win, does it make it easier for you coming into the fight?

Troy: Even without people saying it, I know he is favored to win. But thanks for bringing it up you jerk. It doesn't bother me as I have been in this position many times before. I'm going to go fight like I would anyone else. I try to focus on greater opportunity rather than a greater challenge.

MTA: Where do you think you hold an advantage over Shane in this bout?

Troy: I won't know until November 3rd. That's something I'll have to figure out right from the first bell. He has experience over me that's no doubt, so ill have to determine what my strength is ASAP in to the fight in order to come out with the win.

MTA: Of the two other fighters looking to make it to the finals who do you think will win, Sean McKinnon or Preston Baptise?

Troy: Who knows, I like Preston's traditional style, but McKinnon moves forward with more aggression. So lets see who's style can take control in that fight. I do hope I get to see it.

MTA: Would you prefer to fight one over the other?

Troy: There'd be benefits to both fighters. But it doesn't really matter to me.

MTA: Can we get a prediction for your fight with Shane?

Troy: I always go for the win via tko or KO. He's known for being aggressive, so ill match that right back.

MTA: By the time this fight passes you will have had 6 fights in one year, is that the ideal number of times you would like to fight each year?

Troy: That's a pretty good number for me, the more the merrier. I like to stay active so fighting every 8 weeks is perfect for getting over any injuries then starting the next camp.

MTA: Any words for your supporters?

Troy: Thank you thank you thank you. Having supporters makes competing that much more beautiful. So thank you for keeping me going strong and helping me in whatever way it is, it doesn't go unappreciated. Thanks to Ultimate Martial Arts for building me up and staying with me, and a big thanks to Kru Paul Minhas, Joseph Valtellini, and Matt Speciale for being there day after day after day even when I laugh during sparring and no matter how bad my jokes and punch lines are.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment