Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tony Manoharan talks upcoming fight with Mohammed Lemjerdine


Tony Manoharan will be returning to action this Friday against Mohammed Lemjerdine at Friday Night Fights Muay Thai. The M-1 fighter from Toronto will be looking fight in North America for the first time this year and was kind enough to take some time out of his training to talk to Muay Thai Authority.

MTA: You are fighting Mohammed Lemjerdine this Friday, how familiar are you with him?

Tony: We were actually matched up as amateurs back in 2009, but the fight never materialized. I’ve seen him fight a couple times and he is a good technical fighter.

MTA: You haven't fought in a few months are you worried about ring rust?

Tony: No not really, I’ve been in the gym working my technique and strength at an adequate pace. I was pretty active the past 2 years, so it was good to be able to give my body a little rest, compared to jumping into one training camp after another at full speed.


MTA: Is there any particular area you feel you will have an advantage?


Tony: My speed I feel is one of my strong points and I’m hoping to be on point come Friday.


MTA: How has your training been going any thing different than other training camps?


Tony: It’s been a really good camp. I had the opportunity to do a little sparring with Matt Embree, Benson Virtucio and Saji Bolo. Got some good solid work in that really benefited my training. Other than that, lots of pad work as usual with my coach Thomas Jensen.


MTA: Not looking past this fight, but do you have anything else lined up?


Tony: I don’t have any fights booked at the moment after this one, but I’m always ready to take on what’s offered to me. I will be back in the gym helping my teammate, Preston Baptiste get ready for the 2nd leg of the Journey Fight Series tourney, which he has coming up in a few weeks.


MTA: Can we get a prediction from you for this fight?


Tony: I don’t like making predictions, but I can guarantee an exciting main event fight for the NY audience come Friday night. That’s 100% for sure!


MTA: Any words for your supporters?


Tony: For the past 6 years or so, I’ve been traveling around fighting on shows all over
North America. Unfortunately with no sanctioning body that promotes Muay Thai here in Toronto, it’s sometimes hard for my friends, family and teammates to make the trip out. But I always have their love and support behind me when I step over those ropes into the ring. I’m ever so thankful and that’s what will take me to higher levels in my Muay Thai career. So I thank every single one of them for pushing me further in the sport.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment