Thursday, April 3, 2014

Brett Hlavacek talks upcoming fight with Alex Berrios at Friday Night Fights


Brett Hlavacek will meet Alex Berrios at this weekend's Friday Night Fights event in New York. Hlavacek vs. Berrios will serve as the main event. A win over Berrios would be a great for Brett's resume and would help continue him climb up the super middleweight rankings. 

Brett is known for his strong clinch and has proven he can end a fight with one strike. It should be an interesting match up with Berrios as they have both proven to be very cerebral fighters.

We were able to catch up with Brett and talk about his upcoming bout with Alex Berrios.
 
MTA: Big fight against Alex Berrios coming up, how is the training camp going? 

Brett: Training is going great! Can't wait to get some work in on April 4th.

MTA: Anything different being done this training camp as opposed to others? 

Brett: Nothing to new and crazy. This fight is at a higher weight so we are making adjustments. It's fun to get back in the gym and work clinching,elbows,and all the fun stuff that comes with Muay Thai. It's fun to be able to fight under Glory rules and Muay Thai. If keeps it fun and fresh.

MTA: How familiar are you with Alex and what strengths do you think he brings to the fight? 

Brett: I've only seen a couple fights of his on the internet but I know he is a solid fighter who has been fighting for some time now. He def brings a good Thai style which will make this fight very enjoyable for me.

MTA: If you had yo pick your biggest strength in the ring what would it be? 

Brett: I think my strength is that I'm comfortable wherever the fight goes. I can clinch,kick,and now I've been really working on my boxing. I'm really trying not to be a one trick pony. 

MTA: Can we get a prediction for the fight? 

Brett: I fell like both of us are in the same place in our career. We both need a win like this to get to the next step in our careers. It's going to be a dog fight. 

MTA: You have been fighting kickboxing rules lately. What do you prefer Muay Thai or Kickboxing rules and why? 

Brett: I grew up fighting Muay Thai and I will always prefer Thai rules over anything else. That's not to say I don't enjoy kickboxing though. Kickboxing gets me out of my comfort zone and forces me to work on my boxing and become a better fighter.

MTA: If you could have any match up in the world who would you fight and why?

Brett:  Right now my focus is on Alex. If I win this fight it's on to the international stage where I think I belong. I broke into the WBC world rankings this year and plan on cracking the top ten this year. So anybody ranked above me is on my list.

MTA: Thanks for the time Brett. Any words for your supporters? 

Brett: I want to thank everybody who is out supporting me. New York has a great Muay Thai scene and I'm lucky to be a part of it. Also a big thank you to my trainers,family,and wife Kim for all the much needed help.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment