Saturday, December 10, 2011

Antoine Pinto talks upcoming I-1 World Muay Thai Extreme 2011 event


Antoine Pinto a.k.a. Antuan Siangboxing will be fighting as part of the one night, four man tournament at the I-1 Extreme 2011 event. Coming off a good run on “The Challenger Muaythai” reality TV show, the young fighter has been very active as he continues to take on some of the best fighters around the world. Antoine took some time to answer a few questions for Muay Thai Authority about the upcoming tournament, who he would like to fight in the future and more.

MTA: The Challenger Muaythai just finished airing; it seemed people enjoyed you on the show. How was the experience?

Antoine: I think the viewers of TV have loves and enjoyed my Thai boxing style. It was a new experience to live with other fighters but I don't like to prepare and fight without my trainer, coaches and family.

MTA: You are fighting in the one night tournament at I-1 Extreme, is there anyone of the other fighters you would prefer to fight in the first round of the tournament?

Antoine: In the first round I had the choice. I wanted to fight Cyrus Washington but the promotion refused and gave me another opponent (Ilya Grad).

MTA: Do you prepare for a one night tournament differently than you would for a normal fight?

Antoine: Yes, because you have to adapt to different styles of several fighters.

MTA: What do you think is the key to winning the tournament as far as strategy goes?

Antoine: Fighting as few rounds as possible and not getting hurt.

MTA: Do you already have plans for your fights next year?

Antoine: Winning the Toyota Cup, fighting in Fighter Zone World Series 2012, coming back to Lumpinee and Siam Omnoi stadiums for some big fights, may be fighting in North America.

MTA: Is there anyone you feel you would like to particularly face next year?

Antoine: I fought all the best fighter in the world the last 2 years. It’s time for Buakaw, but not sure they would accept to fight against me.

MTA: How are things at Siangboxing, were you affected by the flooding in Thailand at all?

Antoine: No, we are lucky and some fighters of other gyms came to my place to live and train, like Sentiengnoi boxers.

MTA: Your brother Victor will be fighting at the I-1 Extreme event as well. When you fight on the same events he does is it hard to simply focus on your fights knowing he will be fighting as well?

Antoine: Not easy because I'm scared for him and my brother as well for me, but it’s good for me because he's in my corner and gives me heart.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment