Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Eddie Walker talks upcoming bout with Joe Schilling at Lion Fight Muay Thai 7


In less than two weeks Eddie “Showtime” Walker (@eddieshowtime) will be fighting Joe Schilling (@Cant_Stop_Crazy) at Lion Fight Muay Thai 7 (@LFPVegas) in Las Vegas, NV. Walker was kind enough to take time away from his training to answer a few questions about the upcoming fight. Enjoy.

MTA: You have a big fight against Joe Schilling coming up. How has training been going for the bout?

Eddie:
Training is going well. My coach always knows how to make you feel like you are out of shape.

MTA:
A lot of people on the west coast may not be familiar with you. What can they expect to see from you come October 13th?

Eddie: They may be a little surprised. Of course I am coming in as an outsider against a man who has been dominating on that side of the country for some time, and they will expect him to continue so after the 13th. It's going to be an exciting fight.

MTA:
You train with Manu N'Toh, how helpful is it having someone with his experience in your training camp and come fight night in your corner?

Eddie:
Manu is amazing. He can make you do things that you never thought were possible. He is a master at analyzing a fight and making adjustments if needed in between rounds. I do feel as if I have that to my advantage.

MTA:
You have mentioned you have been following Joe for a while, where do you think his strongest strength in the fight is and where do you think your strongest strength is?

Eddie:
I don't really pay attention to what my strongest strength is. You can ask 10 people that same question and they may all give you a different answer. I go in to fight and whatever is available, I take it. Joe is a very big angry aggressive fighter and I believe that is his strength. He has that mentality needed as a fighter to go in and get the job done. Only problem with that is, he is fighting me next.

MTA:
Do you study much video of your opponents if possible?

Eddie:
In the past I didn't care to watch any videos, but lately I tend to study a little bit more. I mostly watch video of myself picking my self a part.

MTA:
How important do you think game planning is for fights and do you normally come up with one and try to stick to it?

Eddie:
Game planning is always important, but most likely you will shy away from it some time in the fight. As long as you stay close to what you have been working on leading up to the fight, you should be fine. Or you are just wasting your entire training camp on the wrong game plan.

MTA:
Can we get a prediction for the fight with Schilling?

Eddie:
It's going to be an amazing fight. This fight will show that American Muay Thai is making strides forward to becoming main stream in America and show that the fighters deserve as much respect, if not more than MMA fighters in this country.

MTA:
You normally fight at 185lbs, this fight is at 180. Will those extra pounds be pretty easy for you to cut?

Eddie:
Normally I would say yes, but I was 215lbs when I found out about the fight, but I will be there.

MTA:
Joe is known for walking around near 200lbs and cutting a lot of weight come fight night, how much do you typically weigh and how much weight do you typically cut?

Eddie:
I normally walk around about 195lbs. and cut about 2-3lbs day of weigh ins. Not too bad.

MTA:
Does his size worry you at all or is it something you take into consideration when preparing?

Eddie:
His size doesn't bother me. I have knocked out guys that stood 6' 5". He is only taller than me, not bigger than me.

MTA:
Any words for your supporters Eddie?

Eddie:
I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been following me from the States all the way over to Europe. It's an amazing feeling when everyone messages me and wishes me the best for the fight. It really means a lot. I hope every single one of you can make it to Vegas and see a phenomenal fight!

*Photo by Eric Langley. Make sure to go like Eric Langley's official facebook page and visit his website Eric Langley Photography for more great pictures.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

No comments:

Post a Comment