Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Steve Hall talks win over Anthony Nieves


Steve Hall defeated Anthony Nieves this past Friday at Bangkok Fight Night: Atlanta GP. The fight was a back and forth battle, but Hall pulled out the decision victory, in the second round he forced Nieves to take a knee after he landed a flurry of strikes to his head and body. Muay Thai Authority caught up with Steve to talk about his win and his future plans.

MTA: Steve you just won a decision over Anthony Nieves how are you feeling after the fight?

Steve: I feel great that I was able to get the decision. Anthony is a warrior with amazing skills. I hadn't had a chance to fight in ATL for a while so it felt good to fight in front of my home crowd.

MTA: Did the fight go exactly as you had envisioned before it happened?

Steve: I thought that there would be more of a mid and long range exchange of punches and kicks he relentlessly went for that clinch above all else.

MTA:
Anthony is known to being really strong in the clinch was your plan to avoid fighting in the clinch?

Steve: Well I expected him to have a strong clinch. I have a long amateur career and I have faced fighters with great clinches before. To be honest his clinch was better than I had imagined, and he landed some very hard knees.

MTA:
You forced him to take a knee and eight count in the second round, as a fighter when you see you have your opponent hurt like that do you immediately think about finishing the fight or do you continue to simply fight your fight and if a KO happens it happens?

Steve: I never go for a KO, I look for openings and if one becomes available I take advantage.

MTA:
What's next for you, do you have any other fights lined up?

Steve: I don't have anything lined up. I would love to compete at least five times year if not more. I'm willing to box, do Muay Thai, or MMA but I usually only get one or two fights per year all I can do is be a bit more pro active in trying to find my own fights.

MTA:
Is there anyone in particular you would like to fight, if so why?

Steve: In Atlanta the Muay Thai world is so small I feel like the majority of my pro fights have been high profile matches against the best fighters from that respective gym. I would really like to go to other states and get fights where opponents don't know my style and I don't know theirs. I am a professional I am willing to fight any Muay Thai fighter that wants to fight at 170 lbs.

MTA:
You fight in both MMA and Muay Thai are you planning in committing to one more than the other or are you simply gonna fight both as long as you can and which do you prefer?

Steve: I just love to fight I want to do both as long as possible and even try to get boxing matches as well.

MTA:
Any words for you supporters?

Steve: To all my supporters thanks - I work a full time job, a part time job, train late, and don't get much sleep at all while trying to have a small social life sometimes my supporters are all that keep me going.
Muay Thai Authority Muay Thai and Kickboxing News Site

Bringing you the latest in Muay Thai and Kickboxing news.

1 comment:

  1. Great interview,made a fan over here. Other fighters should take note, candid, honest answers.

    ReplyDelete